What's new

Receiver Memory??? (1 Viewer)

Chris Svencer

Stunt Coordinator
I will be buying a receiver in the next couple of weeks and have been looking at the Denon 3802 and a couple others. One feature that I really like about the denon is that all of the settings you put on during an input stay with that input. Example- If you really like the bass up and the center channel a little louder while watching movies but prefer the bass not so dramatic while listening to the tuner it will remember both settings. It makes it so you don't have to change everything when you change what you are listening to. So I guess my question is do any other receivers do this or something similar? Or is this just a little Denon perk??? Thanks.

Svence

Duke

Stunt Coordinator
I do not like the way Denon does this. I like the way B&K does it better. Which is it doesn't remember your last setting, it alway resets to the defaults, you save upto 40 custom setting that are recalled at a push of the buttons.

Chris Svencer

Stunt Coordinator
So the B&K just remembers what you program in as a default and goes back to that at the click of a button? Is that right or what? Is this not that big of a deal, should I not worry about this one feature and look at other receivers without it? Thanks for the help.

Svence

Aslam Imran

Second Unit
There is a $2K price differential between the 307 and the 3802 so if you are limited in budget then you will have to settle with the way 3802 remembers the settings. Althouth the B&K does infact do it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks