What's new

Receiver jumpers? Please answer this as soon as possible (1 Viewer)

chris bruce

Stunt Coordinator
I have an older Onkyo tx-ds939 receiver. When I bought it new, on the back of the receiver. There are little black jumper like plugs that plug into the the rca jacks. They go on the preouts of the receiver. I am missing 2 of them. Right now I am using 2 audio cables(red and white ones) to do the same trick. I would like to sell this unit and would like to put the normal plug jumpers back in. I lost 2 of them and that's why I'm using rca cables. If any of you would know where I can grab a coup[le of these I would greately appreciate it .Thanks

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Chris

To the best of my knowledge, you will have to get them from Onkyo...since you are not selling your receiver right away, please take the time to contact Onkyo...those jumpers probably have standard spacing and you can probably get some kind of jumpers from some other receiver maker...please keep in touch with me.

PS Someone else may have a better suggestion.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I'm guessing these are jumpers that bridge the output of the processor/pre-amp to the power output amp. In a pinch, you could just make some from el cheapo Radio Shack phono plugs and a bit of solid wire.

An ancient stereo of mine has jumpers like that, and they are nothing more than chrome plated solid wire. You could just tin a bit of solid wire and bend it to shape, as there is no need to connect the ground shells.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd check eBay. I've had to find some too for a Marantz unit and ended up having to get them directly from Marantz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks