What's new

Receiver help!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
Ok i have done quite a bit of searching and I need help on deciding which reciever to choose in my quest to start a home theater. I have narrowed down the options to many actually ,and I need your advice on what to choose. So far I have picked out H/K AVR230, Onkyo SR-502, Onkyo SR-601, Yamaha Rx-v450, (possibly) Yamaha Rx-v650, Denon 1804, and Denon 1604. I know some of these seem redundant but I am still deciding on how much I would like to spend. Also I have just found that Pioneer makes a 7.1 and 6.1 recievers with preamp outputs to each channel recievers for around $300 I think the model numebrs are vsx-ds11s & d912k. This seems like a really good deal too considering the options and the price. Some things of concern or that I want to point out are the "Problems" which some people say H/K has. I would be buying it online and I am kind of weary about buying a product that alot of people have said is problematic. How much of a problem are they?

Also the Yamaha rx-vr650, H/K AVR230, and both pioneers are pre/pro( I think thats right?).

Pus Suchre

Stunt Coordinator
I've only ever owned an HK (AVR 7200). The only problem it has had is when the cat peed on it. Other than that- I like it VERY much. If I have to replace it- it will be with another HK.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
You may be able to find the Pioneer VSX-D912K somewhere for $300 still. It's been phased out though. The 814K can be had for around the same price. All it really loses is auto MCACC.

I have the 912K and I love it :) :emoji_thumbsup:

[edit] A quick look on PriceGrabber says you can get the 914K for around $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks