Receiver for Paradigm Monitor 90P system

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tim Lawrence, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Tim Lawrence

Tim Lawrence Extra

Hey, gang. Finally made the jump into some "real sound" territory this weekend with a purchase of absolute mint Paradigm Monitor 90P speakers. They were about 2 yrs old, seller let me have them for $840.00 Cdn; too good a deal to pass on! Speakers are absolutely perfect both cosmetically, and accoustically. Seller had them hooked to a Denon 3801 unit, overall sound in his too-small of a living room was phenominal. I was AMAZED by their sound in 2 channel audio, as well as their 5.1 sound with the matching CC-370 and ADP-370 Paradigm speakers. (seller had full system set up for my demo, was only selling front Monitors)

Knowing I'll be purchasing the above mentioned center and rears soon elsewhere, what receivers should offer a good match for this soon-to-be completed system? Really liked the overall sound thru his 3801, would the new 3805 be a suitable mate? Perhaps a Marantz unit? Insert ideas HERE!!

BTW - My dedicated HT room (when new home is complete in May) will measure 22' wide, 13' deep, 9' textured drywall ceiling, and open layout on rear side due to being in one-quarter of developed basement with open concept layout. System will be used about 60/40 mix, favoring music over movies.

Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Marantz 7500 or the 3805 would both be good choices, but I'm a Marantz guy, so you can guess which I'd prefer. Should be a nice setup. My previous setup was monitor 5s, CC370, Titans, CC170.

3. Don*A

Don*A Agent

I have owned Paradigms and they love power! Look at Nad they are known for their power. Not just watts but power and if you look at the watts the rate way below what then can really push out. No bells and whistles just great sound.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The 90Ps have built in amps, so I don't think power is a top priority. NAD is a good choice though; very musical.

5. Don*A

Don*A Agent

Yea they do but that only drives the sub I am not sure if it drives all three bass drivers a just 1.