However I need a receiver to take advantage of the

sound capabilities of the x-box. I know next to nothing

about this subject. Can anyone recommend a captible

receiver for around 150-200 dollars?

Thanks

Aaron Armstrong

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I saw a Technics at Ultimate Electronics that had a MOSFET amp and did DD5.1, DTS, and DPL for $199 on sale from $250. I thought about buying it, but decided to get a Pioneer for the Component Video Switching feature, and paid $275 for a Pioneer 710S
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...ADX950&o=P&a=0
That is a link to the reciever at Crutchfield, so you can check it out they have it listed at $249.99 with a $50 mail in rebate.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Aaron, you sound like a perfect candidate for a Home Theatre System in a Box. This would include a DD-5.1/DTS receiver with 80-100 watts per channel and six speakers (center, two fronts, two rear surrounds, and a subwoofer). The lower end ones can now be found, if you look hard for sales, for $300-400. I would look at the Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Panasonic, maybe RCA and Technics, and make sure the system includes a POWERED subwoofer of at least 50 watts. Avoid the passive (non-powered) subwoofer at all costs. Believe me, you get alot of bang for the buck with these systems as an entry level HT system.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Whatever receiver you get, make sure it has a fibre-optic digital input, as this is what the xbox requires for DD5.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks