What's new

Receiver cooling fan (1 Viewer)

eurovw89

Grip
Hello everyone and Happy Holidays. My question is this.....how can I turn on cooling fans when the receiver comes on. I have the Pioneer 1019ah and runs pretty warm.....and does not have any 120v power outlets on the back. I want to buy 2 - 120mm cooling fans cool down the receiver whenever it turns on. -I have a PS3 (dont know the max amps for the usb ports plus it is not always on with the receiver.) - I have my DVR box (it is not always on with the receiver) - I dont want to buy an automatic thermostat cuz it would come on and off non-stop...i want the fan to run the whole time the receiver is on. - I dont want to plug it into a receptacle cuz i will have to plug and un-plug it Does anyone know if there is a device that I can plug the fan power supply into and use my remote (Logitech One) to turn it on? or anyway I can get em to turn on with the receiver? I really need/want to get fans.....I tried out an old computer CPU fans and cooled it down quite a bit. Anyone's input, suggestions, or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Again wishing everyone and their families a great Holiday. Thank you Jeff

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm suprised your 1019 even needs a fan. I've owned several Pioneer receivers, including a big ol' 59txi and even that didn't rquire cooling. All the others ran so cool I often wondered if they were even working! That receiver doesn't have any connections on the back to control other equipment. The only thing I can think of is to plug the fan into a surge protector and flip the switch on or off as needed. Not what you wanted to do but I can't think of anything else. There is a website called CoolerGuys.com. They specialize in cooling electronic components. Shoot them an e-mail. Maybe they can come up with something.

eurovw89

Grip
gene c said:
I'm suprised your 1019 even needs a fan. I've owned several Pioneer receivers, including a big ol' 59txi and even that didn't rquire cooling. All the others ran so cool I often wondered if they were even working! That receiver doesn't have any connections on the back to control other equipment. The only thing I can think of is to plug the fan into a surge protector and flip the switch on or off as needed. Not what you wanted to do but I can't think of anything else. There is a website called CoolerGuys.com. They specialize in cooling electronic components. Shoot them an e-mail. Maybe they can come up with something.
it runs pretty dang on hot...i was shocked....I have seen other posts where people say the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks