Receiver busted?

jetfire76

Auditioning
Real Name
JET
Hi,
im new to the forums and hope im posting in the right place. i'm having an issue w/ my receiver where im not getting sound from my front-right speaker. it's an Onkyo HT-R330. i've tried swapping optical cables and COAX to no avail. the weird thing is that when i do a test tone, the front-right sounds off no problem. yet when i watch anything, no sound. i tested my DVD player and PS2 using the digital sound w/ another receiver and it worked fine. im kinda bummed since ive only had it for about 8 months. i didnt think it would get ruined so fast. is this fixable at home or am i screwed? thanks.

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
Are you sure that all the sittings are correct in the receiver's processor setup menu? If it plays a test tone fine through the right front speaker (and test tones almost ALWAYS work regardless of processor setup), then there probably isn't anything wrong with the amplifier or the speaker. It's very possible that the gain for the front right channel might be set to an inaudible level.

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
I had a similar problem yesterday, except I didn't have any audio coming through any speaker on my Onkyo when hooked to Toslink through my PS2. Turns out in the PS2 menu, Dolby Digital was on, and nothing was coming out. Surprisingly, I shut it off, and I had sound again.

jetfire76

Auditioning
Real Name
JET
still have the problem. i checked to make sure the settings were correct. messed around w/ the PS2 and still nothing out of the front right speaker. i'm just using another receiver for now until i get a more current receiver w/ all the HD stuff and more than 2 optical audio ins.
thanks.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
namritabneha