Receiver bugs?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Sacha_C, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

I noticed 2 small bugs in my Sony receiver that annoy me since I got my projector.

My receveir is behind my screen so I have to turn it's display off or else it's visible through the proejction screen (bed sheet) in dark scenes, but it leaves the orange lights on so there's always 3 orange spots I see in dark scenes where the receiver is behind the screen. Why doesnt it turn the lights off too?

Second bug is, when I put the sleep count down timer it dims the screen, the problem is, if I set the screen to off and put sleep mode it turns the screen back on in dim mode even though it's set to off.

Is anyone else annoyed by these bugs? I have a DE series sony, is it fixed in higher end/newer models?

Anyway I guess when i'll get real screen material it'll fix my problem.

Thanks

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    These are not bugs, that's just how it was designed.

When I turn the display off on my receiver, the playback mode is still displayed, so that you know it's still on. On my CD player, with the display off, you can't tell it's even on, unless there is an SACD in there. On my DVD, the power light remains on with the display turned off.

Only suggestion would be not to put the receiver behind the screen, or cover it up and get an IR repeater.

3. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

Well I'd call the sleep mode problem a bug, I'm a programmer and can easily understand how the programmers could have forgotten that.

I know the lights that stay on is by design, but I would think if I hear sound it means it's on, and if there was no sound playing I could just press the volume button and see if it lights up the display for a few seconds to show the volume.