What's new

Receiver audio selection for listening to CDs? (1 Viewer)

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I'm a new owner of H/T. This question has probably previously been asked before, but I searched the forums and didn't find an answer.

My question: What receiver audio selection do most people use for listening to music CDs?

Do you use Prologic II, Logic 7, etc..., do you set your speakers to Large/Small,etc?

I currently set my receiver on "Logic 7 Music" and my Front and Surrounds are set for "Small".

The sound is pretty good. I was just inquiring what the more experienced H/T folks here use for their music settings.

My receiver is a Harman Kardon AVR 120 and my speaker system is the Infinity HTS-20.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
regarding the speakers' Large/Small settings, it all depends on your system. if you have full range speakers, they should be set to large, whereas if you have smaller bookshelf speaker that don't extend very low, they should be set to small. this just tells the receiver where to set the crossover so the sub can reproduce all the bass not covered by your speakers.

the rest is personal preference!

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I listen to CD's in stereo with my Paradigm Monitor 7's and Velodyne CT-120 sub. I set my receiver to "Direct". Because my roon is large, 20' X 24', I plan on adding a 2 channel amp for my mains sometime this year.

I have Sonex tile on the front and both side walls. You would not beleive the improvement to the sound quality this tweak produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks