receiver and speakers

strat66

Auditioning
Real Name
Robby D.
ok... heres a question... im starting a home theater.... but im not getting a tv untill i move out so im going to concentrate on getting the speakers and the receiver and such.... I want a receiver that can hook up to my computer so i can listen to my audiio files on there... i would also like to have hd radio (if there is a major difference) I am trying to lay all this out there is no set budget quite yet.... can you guys give me any suggestions??? i wouldnt want to pay over a grand for the receiver.... perfer 7.1 surround sound

And for the speakers i have no clue what to get...

i would also like hdmi input...for the future

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Welcome to Home Theater Forum, Robby.

Depend on spending more than double of your budget on speakers. You may want to build it little by little, first a receiver and Front L/R speakers, then a sub, surrounds, and a center.

strat66

Auditioning
Real Name
Robby D.
Yes... exactly... thats what i was going to do so... iprobably WILL spend double on my speakers... Just not right away... I would like to have a receriver that gets lound but souinds great at the same time.... Its not about space right now becuase i am living in my rents house right now....

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo