1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

receiver and speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by strat66, Sep 23, 2006.

1. strat66

strat66 Auditioning

ok... heres a question... im starting a home theater.... but im not getting a tv untill i move out so im going to concentrate on getting the speakers and the receiver and such.... I want a receiver that can hook up to my computer so i can listen to my audiio files on there... i would also like to have hd radio (if there is a major difference) I am trying to lay all this out there is no set budget quite yet.... can you guys give me any suggestions??? i wouldnt want to pay over a grand for the receiver.... perfer 7.1 surround sound

And for the speakers i have no clue what to get...

i would also like hdmi input...for the future

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Welcome to Home Theater Forum, Robby.

Depend on spending more than double of your budget on speakers. You may want to build it little by little, first a receiver and Front L/R speakers, then a sub, surrounds, and a center.

3. strat66

strat66 Auditioning

Yes... exactly... thats what i was going to do so... iprobably WILL spend double on my speakers... Just not right away... I would like to have a receriver that gets lound but souinds great at the same time.... Its not about space right now becuase i am living in my rents house right now....