Received two Sony SAT-HD100s today!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek1, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Derek1

Derek1 Agent

Well they aren't hooked up yet so I can't tell you a whole lot about them.
    Here are some basics. First of all it is a standard component width 17". It's silver like the VVega TVs and N80,81 VCR's etc. It features a full compliment of outputs; Component, VGA, S-Video, Composite, Digital audio (toslink), L/R Analog. The unit is also quite a bit heavier than the normal A55/B55 models.
    The remote is a little strange. The back cover is semi-transparent, sort of like the grey i-mac computers. There is a metal rectangular cover visible near the top on the back just under the plastic that has three adjustable pots (small phillips screwdriver) my guess is that this is part of the UHF output to adjust frequency at the factory. There is a sliding switch on the right side that selects between components. The controls for those components are located under a flip up cover. All in all I would say that this remote is entirely different than any other Sony remote that I have ever seen. For the last decade almost all Sony remotes have revolved around maybe 5 or 6 basic designs.(The notable exceptions are the remote for the KV-27V55, Vision touch receivers, and Tivo). It will be interesting to see if this new style remote will make it's way to the new XBR 450's and XBR 700's.
    I will post more detailed information when they are hooked up.
    Derek

2. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Derek, thanks for the info!
    Can you please tell us what exactly came inside the box? In other words, did it come with a component video cable, coax cable, optical cable, RCA cable?
    Also, who did you pre-order with?
    Thanks!
    ------------------
    Mike McGee, Inaka Software
    Inaka Software Coupon List

3. Craig Schriever

Craig Schriever Auditioning

I guess The sony rep was not blowing smoke when he said they shipped! Congrats and give us some more info. WE need to know [​IMG]

4. Roger Clark

Roger Clark Stunt Coordinator

Derek, any updates? I sold my DST3000 waiting for this unit, so it's good to hear it's starting to show up. I'll call my dealer today and see what they have heard.
    Roger

5. Derek1

Derek1 Agent

Well as far as who I ordered from: I work at a Home Theater Retailer here in Dallas. I didn't really make that clear in the statement. The receivers came into the store. We ordered around 40 and received 2.
    I've been off for a couple of days so I haven't looked at the unit since my origional post. Here is what I remember about included cables etc. It comes with a S-Video and Composite L/R Audio, the RF antenna, and an S-link cable. I don't remember there being any Component cable in the bag but I could be wrong. The bag did have a lot of stuff in it. The card was a "football" card, but I did not look at the actual number to se if it was an HU or some newer designation. As with the other newer Sony DSS units the access card was not installed in the unit, it was taped to a notice on the outside of the unit.
    The packing was of noticable higher quality. The Box is larger than the other A55/B55 units (This would be due to the fact that the 100 is larger). The foam internaly was not regular styrofoam, it was an open cell type foam that is normaly used in more expensive packing (the same type of foam was used in packaging of my ATI 1505 amp).
    I remember a button in the lower left that said "output type". Presumably this eithers toggles through 1080i,480p,480i. Or possibly Component Video, S-Video, Composite, RF. I suspect that first answer is the correct one, but our Sony rep made sure to tell us that unlike the other models that have all output jacks "hot" on this model you will need to select which output jacks to use.
    That's about it I will post more when I know more.
    Derek

6. CarlS

CarlS Stunt Coordinator