What's new

Received Pirates Trilogy (COTBP) and the Framing is Off (1 Viewer)

Geoff H

Stunt Coordinator
I was doing some comparisons of Curse of the Black Pearl with my SD version against the BD version and noticed in the scene when the Pearl first shows up & Jack goes up to the cell window that his head was cut off and it was clearly in the shot in the SD version. I start checking picture aspect ratios and tv and player settings -- long story short, I get on the web and sure enough there's a framing problem with early discs.

I got this from Amazon this week, this problem was noticed in 2007? They're still selling the "bad" copies of these!? Sheesh, I'll have to write Amazon. Does Disney still offer an exchange?

Also, the color is different, I mean, the DVD version seems 'warmer', jail scenes (in the beginning), when the maid is putting the coals in the pan for Ms Swann (Kiera), and Will (Orlando) in the black smith/sword making shop (all before the pirate attack) seem to have more of a 'glow' about them. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not saying it's necessarily 'better' just very different, is this normal? Are there any known issues with discs 2 and 3 that I should be aware?

TIA,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks