Received My New Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX Receiver Today

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stan T, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

I finally got it but unfortunately won't have time to hook it up until Friday or Saturday.
    For anyone thinking of getting one www.soundpros.com has the best price. It retails for $4200 but they have it on special for $2600.
    Let me tell you it's really heavy. The box weighs 74 pounds. It took 2 of us to pick it up. In fact the box says in order to avoid injury pick up with 2 people. I was able to take it out & look at it tonight & it's BIG & a beauty. I'm going to have to rearrange my rack to make room for it. I want to give it a lot of breathing room.
    It has 160 w x 7 channels. Is THX Ultra 2 certified. I think this is the first receiver that is THX Ultra 2 certified. It does THX Surround EX, DTS ES Discrete, Dolby Prologic II, Neo 6 & DTS 96/24. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. It comes with an external microphone to do room acoustics for you.
    I'll try to answer any questions about the receiver once I have it all hooked up.

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Stan,
    Out of curiousity, do you have mismatched speakers at all? I have heard from the Pioneer Elite rep that the acoustic calibration in the 49TX does an incredible job of matching all the speakers regardless of the make. It'll be interesting to see what you find. Have fun.
    Patrick
    ------------------
    Evidence of my obsession.

3. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Patrick I have matched speakers. I have the Pioneer Elite TZ700 speaker system. People that have not heard the speakers will tell you that an electronics company can't make audiophile speakers but I can tell you they're wrong. They sound unbelieveable. The front speakers have 300W subs in each of them & the center channel has a small sub. The front 3 are powered. I'm sure the receiver will go with them great.

4. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

I'm dying to hear about this receiver, particularly the acoustic calibration and the video conversion capabilities. I'm also curious whether the owner's manual mentions anything about upgrading the receiver's flash memory.
    And of course, tell us how it sounds. [​IMG]