Receive remcommendation for Polk Audio RM6900 speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Simon_Ch, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Simon_Ch

Simon_Ch Auditioning

I'm a newbie at HT setup and would like some recommendations on a receiver (within $300) to hook up to the Polk Audio RM6900 spekaer system that will bring out the best of the speakers at that price point. It'll be primarily used for TV/movies and occasionally music.

The room size is 15'x15'. I plan to hook up the following to the reciver: Plasma tv, dvd player, vhs, PS2, and maybe a radio tuner. A 5.1 surround receiver will be fine as I don't intend to add any speakers.

ARe there any receivers that would fit my budget? Crutchfield has a few priced within that, are they suitable and how do I compare them?

thanks very much for your suggestions.

2. gururaj_pare

gururaj_pare Auditioning

Hi there. I am new here too but this information might help. I went to polkaudio site and they have a very nice forum there only for polk products. You can register your product as well.
    I just bought RM6800. I got a recommendation there for pioneer 815, 1015, harmon kardon, onkyo but I am still researching for the receiver.

3. Simon_Ch

Simon_Ch Auditioning

Thanks for the info Gururaj. I'll check it out. Let me know what you choose.