What's new

Receding Hair Line.. (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
Okay...this can be a touchy topic, but are there any things a person can do to help with a receding hair line? Vitamins, or any herbal supplements? I am sure there is probably nothing I can do, but it is worth asking.....

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
As someone who is rapidly losing his hair I'm not really that worried about it but if you want to fight it their are plenty of options available that actually do work.

Before I mention any of them I have to ask, where have you been the last ten years? For the past decade TV has been inundated with ads for various remedies that actually do work.

There's Rogaine which doesn't work for everyone but certainly does work for many. If you are just starting to lose your hair now is the time to start. It can get pricey but it is an over the counter treatment so you won't need a prescription.

I know there are several prescription drugs (I'm too lazy to get you the names) that you can ask you doctor about.

Good luck and don't worry there is life after hair.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Grow the hair that you have real long....also think about a beard.
There is a special way to comb your hair that will cover up the bald area. No one will notice this.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Use the juice. Rogain or the generic equivalent. Mine started falling out and I know for sure that I stopped it from falling. Not so sure if it's growing any new stuff but, my hair cutter noticed the difference.

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
Live with it - remember a bald head is a solar panel for a sex machine;) ;)

Or there is also "God created few perfect heads, the rest he put hair on."

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I am part of this too, notice my first name ;)
However, I like to blame mine on my two teenage daughters :angry:
Like the others, you have 2 choices I suppose, live with it or try to fight it. It's a decision you have to chose, depending how much resources you can provide. Good luck to you, I believe all medications have side effects, but YMMV.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Rogaine actually does have some effect (unlike the majority of crap sold on TV), but it only works well for 1/3 of everyone who tries it.

There are always surgical hair graftinging and implanting techniques, but its upto you if you want to consider head surgery for the problem.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I thought Rogaine (or Proprecia) aren't supposed to work for receding hairlines; only for "male pattern" baldness.

Kevin T

Screenwriter

pay off your student loan debts. sorry, i just found it funny that your student loan debt post was followed by your receding hair line post. and i'm in the same boat as you, i'll be looking at $36k worth of student loan debt when i graduate in 2006. ugh!!!

kevin t

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Sorry, but I think going natural will look the best. Actually, I would opt to shave away. What may take months for you to get used to takes a stranger 0.1 seconds to get used to (if you are self-concious; I know I was).

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Hair loss sucks - it is a practical joke by nature and you are the butt.

I had two roomies in college who were completly dome'd by 25. They told me that I was destined to their same fate when my hairline moved (I was 21) With my taxi-cab ears I was terrified. Luckily it stopped very shortly and is hardly receeded at all and I am now 37. I think it was stress induced at the time. Most folks would say I still have a full head of hair, though it has been verly slowly thinning over the years. It still sucks, but I just don't care as much.

There is a chance that you may have the same experience as me. I would say relax and worry about the things you can control. If you can afford it, go for the rogaine, better to try and fail than not try at all. I'd skip transplants and other programs. Maybe some of the prescription strength remedies are a good idea.

I've always thought it queer that women can get implants, tummy tucks and other procedures, but if a man tries to do something about his hairline he is chastized.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If you're near a Costco, you can get their version of Rogaine for only $19.99 for a 4 month supply.

ToddJ

Second Unit
If you start using Rogaine and then you stop...will it have any adverse effects (like make it fall out faster?) Is Rogaine for people with a receding hair line or just male pattern baldness?

Jason L.

Second Unit
I knew someone who was originally from Turkey and had a hair transplant for about $2,000 there. They trimmed some short hairs from his remaining hair. Then they implanted them in the bald spots. It took a while, but then they started growing fast. It will never get real thick because they can't implant them real close together, but it looked like a good solution to cover up bald spots.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'll be 43 soon and I still have a full head of dark hair.

But actually, hair is not in style anymore, and everyone's shaving their heads. :frowning: I just hope hair comes back in a BIG way! What's the point of having a lot of hair if it's not in style? Seeing little kids shave all theirs down at such a young age makes me sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks