What's new

Reccomendations? (1 Viewer)

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
Im looking for a pair of towers in the 300-400$ range, nothing fancy obviously.

Im trying to go for a bit more SPL over SQ.

I was taking a look at MTX Monitor 600's, and ive heard a few good reviews on them.
But thus far, thats really all i have for choice.

Any other suggestions?
any feedback would help.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Here are two possibilities:

1) BIC Acoustech HT-75 - $279/pair
2) Look for anything by Klipsch used

These speakers are very efficient and easy to drive, so they can get very loud without too much power behind them.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Grant

You should take a look at Premier Acoustics Towers...less than $400...however, I really like the HTD Level 3 Towers...$699 in real wood veneers...not the loudest but similar to a $4,000 pair of speakers that would be in a mansion of a few insiders if they could even get them.

Happy New Year

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
Hmm, only towers i can find from Premier are 599+

im just lookin for something inexpensive for now,
have some .. huge .. plans for the future aha

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Infinity 250's for $287 shipped from DigitalElectrics.com (I know nothing about these guys), followed closely by Mordaunt-Short 904's for $249 + shipping from ac4l.com (great e-store) and not so closely by Sony 750's for

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
Well,

ive upped my budget.
im seriously considering a pair of those Diva 6.1's now.

Ive read a ton of reviews on them and havent heard any negative feedback.

and for 1000$cdn shipped, cant go wrong.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I was actually going to suggest you drop down to bookshelves and a pair of Swan Diva 2.1's @ 329 shipped but it looked to me like you were set on towers. I ordered some Diva 5.1's, 2.1's and a C3 center from ozhometheater last week. Can't wait.

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
Eh, for me its go big or go home really.

and I would like a tower with good bass response, I am using subs, but i live with others.
So it would be nice to have the option to have subs off and still get a good full sound.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The 6.1's were a little too big for me. But you're right about the reviews. The thing I liked about the 5.1's is they use the same two 6" woofers, 3" mid and 1" tweeter in them as the C3BC center. Should be a truly seamless front soundstage.

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
Yes, very true.

I wont be running a center though, im sticking with a 2.1..well, 2.3 aha

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Grant

You should find out how much a pair of HTD Level 3 Towers are in Canada...$699 US, and the best under $1,000 towers I have seen for a long long time.

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
I'd recommend something from the Rocket line from av123.com but they are out of your budget. Its tough that you want towers, especially good towers for a budget price.

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
Yea, Ive decided to up my bugdet and im going with a pair of Diva 6.1's

bassically, this thread is now obsolete lol.

HongHuynh

Agent
If you truly want to go big or go home, then go for the B&W Nautilus Prestige series or the Wilson Audio Alexandria.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
6.1s are a great choice... I've had mine for a few weeks now and they're really starting to open up... once I get them into the HT room at my new house (FRIDAY!) I'm guessing they'll really be able to sing. I've upgrade from 4.1s which to me seemed to offer nothing over the 2.1 bookshelfs outside of not reuiring stands (similar FR and SPL, near identical sound).

Alot of people pick the 5.1s because of how well they match with the C3... I can honestly say the 6.1s match nearly seemlessly and provide alot more low-end output. I've been running my 6.1s & C3 w/out a sub and in my small temporary room i've been VERY impressed w/ the bass response. Once I get into the HT room and have space to rebuild my sub I'll be even happier, but the 6.1s do have the ability to stand alone, especially for music.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I listen @ very moderate levels compared to most others around here and the 4.1's (or 2.1's even) were probably all I needed. This is also my first foray into higher quality sound. There is quite a difference in sound between my various Polk RTi series speakers (not a put-down, just telling the truth). But the RTi 8's and CSi5 share the same configuration and sound the closest so I decided to do the same with the Swans. I would have loved to have gotten the 6.1's but I wouldn't have been able to give them the watts they deserve. This is also the reason I went with Dayton subs instead of the SVS or HSU.

flood37

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Jensen
this is my frist step into any higher quality sound, and im quite excited to finally be able to do so.

and with the reviews ive read on the 6.1's, i thought it would be a great place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks