What's new

Reccomendations on a good 7 channel receiver (1 Viewer)

Greg*Ze

Auditioning
I am looking for advise on a good 7 channel receiver for a home theater setup. Using Boston acoustic bravos for the side and rear surrounds and infiniti's for the left center and right channels as well as a infiniti powered 10" sub. Will be using mostly for dvd's and hd cable and satelite.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
How much are you willing to spend?

Pioneer Elite 45tx
Sony 4ES
Denon 3803

These are some nice receivers, might start looking at these :)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
MCACC is a set it and forget about it feature. The 3803's upconversion is just one nice feature compared to the tweaking delight of the DA4ES.

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
But those are just two of the features that means it isn't open and shut. This is even before listening to them all.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I had a Sony 333ES with all the tweakability of the 4ES. Hours of tweaking with AVIA and sound meter didn't produce sound nearly as good as my 45TX's MCACC did in 6 minutes flat.

That's not to say the 4ES is a bad unit- it isn't and it is definitely great value for the money.

If I could not have a 45TX I would get the 4ES based on my good experience with that 333ES, but in my opinion the MCACC is well worth the extra cost.

Zak Ruck

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to have to agree with Steve. I was down to the 45tx and the 4es and I chose to get the 45tx. I should be picking it up tomorrow and can't wait. Great sound, and had the features I was looking for. But you got to love the 4es's 5 year warrenty.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Got my 45TX up and running, and am glad I went this direction concerning the Pioneer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks