What's new

Reccomendations for Wall Mounts for Rear Speakers (1 Viewer)

BrianSmithe

Agent
I just need some advice here. I'm going to be moving my CSW Newton M50's to rear speakers so I want to get wall mounts for them. I want something that rotatoes and obviously is able to support my speakers. Idealy if they are available in white/cream color that'd be great. Thanks!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i can't remember the brand, but both cc and gg used to sell this ball-swivel mount brand that came in this blister-pak. they came in black and white and seemed pretty solid.

they sort of looked like the bose cube mounts.

i think best buy also has some, but not sure.

sorry couldn't be more useful...

kevitra

Second Unit
Do a search on this site or google for 'speaker wall mount' and you will find a lot.

BrianSmithe

Agent
I'll do a search, thanks :) I was thinking about in-wall speakers but I dont have the extra $$ to spend on them :frowning:

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
has anyone ever used these?
http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/...s/vogel_blk.htm
Those are the reccomended wall mounts for my speakers. Unless anyone has bad things to say, I think i'll get those. 29.99$ a pair
These mounts will put the speaker very close to the wall, so close in fact that you'll have very limited maneuvering space if you need to tilt/angle the speakers much at all. I tried using some of these on my Axiom M3's, which are a little bit bigger than your Newtons, and it just didn't work. I ended up finding some brackets at Lowe's hardware for $20 that were much sturdier and put the speaker a little farther out from the wall.

BrianSmithe

Agent
Hmm, good point to think on Jeff, thanks. Jason, I appreciate the offer, but currently I don't have any method of online payment so I don't think it's gonna work out. Thanks for the offer though! I'm going to be mounting the speakers in 2 corners on the wall, for positioning I just want them to angle towards the couch. Do you think I will have a problem angling them with the Vogel brackets? or should I just be safe and go with a differnt brand then?

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I'm going to be mounting the speakers in 2 corners on the wall, for positioning I just want them to angle towards the couch. Do you think I will have a problem angling them with the Vogel brackets? or should I just be safe and go with a differnt brand then?
That's how I mounted mine also. The problem I had was that I couldn't angle the speaker down because the speaker was too tall and it hit the wall before I could angle it down enough. You also might want to check PartsExpress.com I believe they have quite a few brackets in different sizes.

BrianSmithe

Agent
ok, I'm not sure if I'll have that problem because my speaker is a bit smalller in height, but still it's a good thing to think about. I appreciate the help Jeff and I'll take a look at Parts Express :)

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Brian,

mine look great on the walls, couldn't be happier with them.. just for reference, they were $79.99 CDN..

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonjabe33
Recent bookmarks