What's new

Reccomendation for 13 by 16 theater room (1 Viewer)

RonKath

Auditioning
Hi we are Ron and Kathy from Saint Louis and new to the forum. We are in the same situation sort of. WE just bought a home and have a room I now have for a project that will take a while on budget of course now being wealthy but loving home theater.
We have a room that is 16 feet by 13.5 feet one window only. I want to know being novice admiditly to this what is the largest screen we could get by with in this size room and the max seating with either theater seats like the shows have or possibley 2 small sofas if feasable nothing with reclining foot rest, also I have a one way from outer wall to back wall cathedrial slope. Any help would be appreciated, we are going to have only a budget of approx 4 to 7 thousand right now.
thank you all for a great find in this forum
Ron and Kathy

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Screen size? Well I have found the best place for this is to go the manufacturer website for information. If you are talking about a projector then go to infocus website. They have great tips on picking screen sizes. Seating? Sounds like the room is kind of narrow. I would say that you could probably get two rows of two seats and you may want to build a riser for the second row. If you don't want seats then go for a wrap-a-round sofa.

Don

RonKath

Auditioning
Thanks for the idea of a wrap around sofa thats an idea I never thought of and a complete u shaped sofa would most possibly do the trick and solve that issure all together I am going to look into that idea to see if one is made that would fit properly. That way I could have a coffee table for drinks and snacks and the projector wall or ceiling mounted and seat 6 most likely.
Thank you for that idea
Ron and Kathy
Saint Louis, Missouri

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks