What's new

reccomend a good subwoofer cable under $50 (1 Viewer)

zane

Stunt Coordinator
i'm looking for suggestions for a 20' sub cable to run between my sony da1es reciever and my upcoming tempest/AVA250 sub, I'd like to spend under $50 shipped

Mark Rich

Second Unit
You can get a great performing sub cable for under $50.00 from either Rhinocables (regular series) of Bluejeans. Both use the Teflon 1695a cable.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I used regular TV coax with F to RCA connectors on either end. Works fine for sub cables and you can get large runs really cheap.

zane

Stunt Coordinator
mark can you give me some links to the rhinocables and bluejeans cables, i looked a bit on the web but i can't find them

zane

Stunt Coordinator
ok i found both sites and i'm leaning toward bluejeans since they're the only one with pricing on their site, I have a questions though is it worth the extra money to get the beldin 1695a cableing over the 1694a, a 20 ft run of the 1694a is about $19 and the 1695a is $42, also the cable is only one to one RCA and the input on the AVA250 amp is stereo but everyone knows its only one signal so can I just pick the red or white input for the cable or do i need a splitter

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Zane,

What do you mean by BJ being the only one with pricing on their web site??
The RhinoCables web site has all the pricing listed unless you require something longer in which simply case e-mail them. The Rhino does come with tech-flex covering which explains the price difference. Looks cool.
If you can swing the extra cash go with the 1695a cable. The Teflon insulation of the 1695a cable does make a difference. I use the 89259 sub cables but the 1695a should come close.

zane

Stunt Coordinator
well i don't know which rhino site you were talking about but i typed in rhinocables.com and a small web site came up with not much info, what's the real rhino link, also how much difference will i see in the two kinds of differnet wiring do you think? will it make much differnece

Mark Rich

Second Unit
You have the right URL for Rhino Cables. Cant understand why you cant find any info on the site though? Simply click on the links to the products under cable type (subwoofer)and series (regular, performance, premium)There you will find complete description, pricing and a link to all complete specs.
If you cant navigate through their simple web site maybe you should go with BJC instead
:)

Ole

Stunt Coordinator
I've ordered twice on a Sunday nite from bluejeanscables.com and received the cables on Wednesday, CA to MI. Most recently was a 25 foot digital 1694a coax complete with color coded (orange) boots and a 2' 7710a component cable. Previously a 25' 7710a component cable.

zane

Stunt Coordinator
so what's the performance difference gonna be between the 1694a and the 1695a cableing

zane

Stunt Coordinator
well i think i've decided on the rhinocable standard sub cable with the 1695a cable and the canare RCA, one more question as i said this will be going from a sub out on my sony to the ava250 amp the amps input is stereo being red and white can i just pick on to plug into or do i need an adaptor, it would seem kinda pointless to split it since sub signal is mono so to speak

zane

Stunt Coordinator
anyone wanna comment on the connection between a sub out and a stereo in on the plate amp

DanaA

Screenwriter
Using a "Y" connector, such as one offered by Monster reportedly increases the signal strenth to the sub. I've personally tried it both ways and really didn't notice any difference, but I also never measured it. As a result, I'd say don't sweat it. Either way should be fine. One might work a bit better, but both still work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks