Recall on Revel Performa 15B subwoofer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I was watching the local news and was shocked to see that a subwoofer had a recall announced for it - the Revel Performa 15B subwoofer. It has a screw that can come loose and cause a short inside the amp section and thus mal-function. I don't have the 1-800 number, but I'm sure a Revel dealer in your local area might be able to help.

2. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

Rather strange to think of a audio companies report of a recall on a news broadcast. We hear of cribs, strollers, toys, SUVs etc. all the time. Maybe, there is a rather high risk of a fire caused by an electrical short. I own Revel speakers. But, not their sub.

I would think there may be more than a few red faced Revel reps out there about now.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

No kidding! I was astounded when I was watching the news report on recalls and when this came up, I'm sure my jaw was pretty low to the floor.

4. Mark R O

Mark R O Stunt Coordinator

KLH made a recall on one of their models back in the mid-80's because sustained high power "may cause the woofer to ignite." Yeah! Think I saw the notice in High Fidelity magazine. Ouch.

5. Craig Morris

Craig Morris Stunt Coordinator