What's new

Recall on Revel Performa 15B subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was watching the local news and was shocked to see that a subwoofer had a recall announced for it - the Revel Performa 15B subwoofer. It has a screw that can come loose and cause a short inside the amp section and thus mal-function. I don't have the 1-800 number, but I'm sure a Revel dealer in your local area might be able to help.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Rather strange to think of a audio companies report of a recall on a news broadcast. We hear of cribs, strollers, toys, SUVs etc. all the time. Maybe, there is a rather high risk of a fire caused by an electrical short. I own Revel speakers. But, not their sub.

I would think there may be more than a few red faced Revel reps out there about now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No kidding! I was astounded when I was watching the news report on recalls and when this came up, I'm sure my jaw was pretty low to the floor.

Mark R O

Stunt Coordinator
KLH made a recall on one of their models back in the mid-80's because sustained high power "may cause the woofer to ignite." Yeah! Think I saw the notice in High Fidelity magazine. Ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks