What's new

Rebuy DVD movies for Sony's new PSP? (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
How well do you think this will be received? I'm interested in the prospect of the PSP (Sony's PlayStation Portable). It has the 16x9 format which is cool, among other cool features like MP3, Surround Sound, Playstation, etc.. As noted today on IGN, it's new UMD format can hold a two to four hour movie and Sony is getting the film industry involved. While, sure, I think that's great that it can play movies, what will that mean? Will this mean they may offer movies on UMD format, and, of course, you would have to re-buy movies? Doesn't that seem less than exciting to all those DVD collectors out there? That just makes me go, "Well, I don't really need to take movies with me very much anyway".

I know that unless I can take my existing DVD's, and burn the movie onto the new UMD disc to take with me, I probably won't be very excited about this.

Thoughts?

Sarah S

Second Unit
If I have to re-buy: no way. If I wanted to have my dvd collection on extended trips, I'd just buy a portable player, already available. Since I have not yet done so, such an option isn't really a burning need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks