What's new

Rebuilding pair of towers (1 Viewer)

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

i have a pair of tower enclosures that need new midrange drivers they are a pair of 3 ways towers .. they have dome tweeters in them that are fine but i killed the midranges some how .. and on one of them the midbass driver cutz out but i put a peice of tape on the lead from the connector to the coil it works but i plan to replace both midranges and midbass drivers on them and leave the original tweeters ... my question is how do i know what drivers to buy that would sound the same as the orginal ones and im also having a very hard time finding 4.5 inch midranges ... i would just have replaced them a while ago but cant find any so i run them currently with out midrange.

ok ill get to my point i would liek to replace the 4.5 inch midranges and 6.6 inch midbass drivers in my towers. i would like to know what drivers should i buy or how would i find out wich ones to buy that would at the very least sound the same as the originals. i do have the dimentions for the towers and i know that they have separate enclosure inside for the midranges.

Thank you all very much in advance for any help.

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
This is going to be very hard to do without knowing the original specs of your tweeters. You might be better suited to figure out the volume of the box, and replace all the components based on that.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
If it's a popular brand and/or model the manufacturer may stock replacement drivers. Otherwise, you may be better off starting from scratch. Even if you do figure out the volume, etc., and get the drivers you still have to come up with a crossover design for the new drivers. Might as well start from the beginning in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks