Reboot on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I know that the final season of ReBoot is available on DVD. Any word on the two recent feature-length films (Daemon Rising, My Two Bobs) being released as well?
    And who has the rights to the previous seasons of ReBoot? Any word on when these might be released? I haven't purchased the current DVDs because I don't want just part of the series...

2. muskie

muskie Agent

These are made in Vancouver Canada but just because I know where there head office is... well I wish I knew more about this. I've recently gotten into buying DVD's and I always liked Reboot but I could never follow it all as I saw the episodes in such a scatter shot order. I hope someone can enlighten us.

Muskie

3. Andrew Walsh

Andrew Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I believe that the third season was chosen because of its unique structure, with four four episode arcs. It made each disc almost stand alone. We have to assume ADV bought the rights to test the waters for seasons 1, 2, and 4. I haven't seen any sales numbers, but based on how hard it is to find them in stores, I don't think they got adequate distribution. The official Reboot web site says if you want to see Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, to contact www.universalstudios.com. Sounds like they still have the rights to 1 and 2. The site also says there are no immediate plans for season 4 to be released, which makes sense, since they haven't actually been SHOWN yet anywhere but Canada. Or did Cartoon Network show it?

4. James T

James T Screenwriter

Cartoon Network did show Season 4 of ReBoot a couple of weeks before YTV showed it in Canada, but since YTV showed it as two movies (instead of 8 episodes), Canadians saw the ending first.

Anyways, I can live without Season 1 and 2 since they both sucked, well except for maybe the last few episodes of Season 2. It would be interesting to see Season 4 or 3 on DVD. The animation on tv looks better than Toy Story, I can just imagine a how a well-treated DVD with 5.1 Dolby Digital will sounds like.

5. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

when I first enquired about this years ago (still have the email) the impression that I got was that seasons 1 & 2 were owned by the channel that originally broadcast it. they dropped the show after the second season but the company decided to continue the show on their own (kinda like baywatch I guess). but that channel still controlled the first 2 seasons.

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I tried emailing Mainframe Entertainment a few weeks ago asking who owned seasons one and two, but I never got a response from them. Very poor if you ask me.

Gord

7. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

If ABC co-owns seasons 1 and 2 then it makes sense that there would be difficulties in releasing them, but it seems that both parties would eventually benefit from their being out there on DVD.

And wouldn't the two feature-length movies be owned by the same people who owned the final season? It seems that since the final season was released by ADV, they should be able to get the features too (and possibly add the IMAX-Ride film as an extra).

Keep checking Gord!