What's new

Rebecca (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter
The Criterion version has been long out of print and used copies are astronomicaly high, will WB ever release this movie for the people who weren't able to get it, along with Spellbound?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... really. Interesting, I have a shrinkwraped copy of this thing lying around somewhere.

--
H

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Well, I don't know that WB would release it or they already would've in their box set. I actually think MGM or someone owned it, but with the Sony buying it, there was a set that was delayed. I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think a rerelease was planned at one point.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Disney actually owns it. It was a Selznick production, and ABC bought out the Selnick library years ago. That library became part of the Disney family when they picked up ABC. The way that MGM got involved (or, at least, that they were announced to have been involved before it was cancelled) is that they have licensed many ABC films from Disney for DVD release. See also, for example, Prizzi's Honor, Charly, SpaceCamp, and Silkwood.

Prior to the MGM deal, Disney licensed many of the same titles to Anchor Bay (which is why there's an older Rebecca disc from them). Disney also licensed some to Criterion for a brief period (which is how the Rebecca, Notorious, and Spellbound SEs came about, as well as Straw Dogs).

Long story short, Disney are the ones to talk to on Rebecca, but MGM may still have a distribution deal for it.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks