What's new

Rebecca Pidgeon's Spanish Harlem - audio nirvana! (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to Martice for the reference material CD. Playing it through on my 555ES opened my ears to Rebecca Pidgeon's wonderful take on Spanish Harlem.

Bought the SACD of The Raven on Thursday...WOW! The CD layer is one of the best PCM recordings I've heard, but even then, the SACD has that airiness and total lack of harshness...like a veil has been lifted. Amazing stuff.

Thanks also to KeithH and Lee Scoggins for recommending this SACD. I now know why audiophiles strive for material like this.

Cheers,

Joe

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Although not available on SACD, Rebecca Pidgeon's The New York Girls' Club and Four Marys are sonically stunning as well. The music is excellent too.

NP: John Williams' Family Plot (Ketcham/Utah Symphony)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Joe,

Glad to help. The Raven was one of the first SACDs I bought about two years ago, and like you, I was in audio Nirvana when I first heard "Spanish Harlem" on SACD. At present, I have about 75 SACDs, but The Raven is still one of my "reference discs". Truly outstanding.

Justin,

I agree with you regarding the other Pidgeon titles. Four Marys is available on a 24/96 DAD that sounds great.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I hope you are successful in your efforts. It's definitely time for more Rebecca Pidgeon on SACD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks