Rebates-who else is missing payment from ECS affiliates like Brands For Less?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Ulmer, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Aug 23, 1998
    Back in the day, I used Brands For Less for almost all my online shopping. They had a free shipping rebate program along with a number of coupons which I put to good use. However, earlier this year they changed a number of policies, such as raising their minimum order qualifications from $25 to $100.

As a result, shipping charges went up a lot, but since they were supposed to be rebated, that was fine. I stopped using them some time ago, but they still had 4 rebates, totalling just over $50US that they failed to pay. Previously, they had very good customer service, but I have made 5 attempts over two months to contact them and received no reply. I think the days of ECS are over, yet they are still fishing for referral commissions.

Is anyone else in the same boat? I know this probably could have gone in the retail section, but these rebates were for buying software online, and most people would never see this in retail, despite being affected.
  2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Sep 28, 1998
    Ahh, memories. I got many a rebate check from BrandsForLess and other ECS affiliates back in the day.
    I used to order at using a $10 off $25 coupon, do it through BFL on an order over $50 and get both a free shipping and $25 rebate. Since the prices were already 40% off MSRP, the end cost was around $6 per DVD, on average. I can't imagine why these places went out of business! [​IMG] Oh well, it was nice taking the venture capitalists' money while it lasted. Now we get all excited seeing a free shipping offer. It's sad.
    Fortunately, I got all my ECS rebates paid before I stopped using them. I hope you get paid, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.