What's new

Reasons for Enterprise Cancellation (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I liked this series a lot better than TNG, DS9 and Voyager, whom were despisable. Enterprise was a fitting sequel to the original series than any of the previous series.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

I think you will find you are nearly alone in that opinion. I gave it a couple of episodes, but found myself sickened by the silly writing.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention it was a prequel, not a sequel. Put me down as also loving the fourth season... well, until that debacle of a finale. B&B's final insult! It's really too bad that's the only one Jack Briggs saw!

Ric

Tom Rhea

Second Unit

I couldn't agree more. I was so pissed off that I'd listened to people around here about how crappy Enterprise was and put off trying it until the summer before season 3. I learned my lesson. I can't believe worthless crap like Babylon 5 is actually more popular.

Tony-M

Auditioning
Paramount blew the whole series. It is obvious that they do not understand Sci Fi.
They kill Captain Kirk
They Kill Sisco
They Kill Data
They had money in the bag and just tore threw it away.

They have country music for the opening of a Sci Fi show (That only works with Firefly)
Even the chick with the big chest stated her character would never date a country boy
Shower scenes.
The show was horrible. They had the talent, but the writing was horrible and unbelievable to Sci Fi geeks.
Paramount is completely out of step with its Star Trek fans.

That's my 2 cents for know.

(':angry:')

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
One of the problems with Enterprise was that, during its first two seasons at least, it appeared that it wanted to be more of a prequel to TNG than TOS. Some of us were afraid that by the end of the planned 7 year run, the Temporal War would have wiped out all of TOS history! The fourth season was a reaffirmation that the show was a prequel to TOS; but by that time many long-time Star Trek fans had moved on.

Enterprise was also a victim of its heritage: It paled in comparison to hip new original Sci-Fi shows like Farscape and Firefly. (Of course, both of those shows were prematurely cancelled; so they, ironically enough, were also apparently not reaching their target audiences.)

Finally, I think there was at least some truth in what Berman was stating at the end: Enterprise was actually having to compete against the prior Star Trek TV shows in the marketplace. I know, I know: If the series creators had stuck closer to the original premise of the show, this wouldn't have been as much of a problem. The fourth season proved that, even though it came too late. But even so, just look for example at all the Star Trek TV shows that were released to DVD during the first two years of its run: I believe that we got all 7 seasons of TNG on DVD during its first season, followed by all 7 seasons of DS9 on DVD during its second season. Add to that syndicated and Sci-Fi channel reruns of the prior shows and you have some serious fragmentation of the core fan base going on here!

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Tom,

At the risk of being off topic, could you be more elaborate about why you think Enterprise was better than Babylon 5?

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
In addition to the atrocious writing and rehashed plots, I think one of the biggest problems with "Enterprise" was the captain himself. I have seen Scott Bakula in other things and liked him, but from the first episode to the last, I just thought his acting was abysmal, and he alone completely turned me off of the series as a whole.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Seems often that when the writing is bad the actors either conciously or unconciously know it and it shows in their perforance as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks