Reasonable priced Multisystem TVs in the US?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianB, Mar 20, 2002.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I'm looking for a PAL/NTSC TV here in the USA. It doesn't need to be large - I'm on a definite budget of under $400 here. Basically, it's for hooking up PAL videogame systems to.

Any reccomendations on retailers or TVs?

2. Joel Aparicio

I own a 36" Samsung multi-system tv that I purchased in 1999 for $710 while I was in Germany. As far as getting your hands on one here in the states that will be tough. If you can or already know somebody find people in the military expecially those who have been overseas. Most of the time they perchase small multi-system tv's while there abroad and bring them back to the states only to ditch them in a short time for the big screen upgrade, and are willing to offload for cheap. I have seen most sets offloaded in pawn shops outside of posts for as little as $80. Hope this helps.[​IMG]

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Thanks for the info, Joel. I may look into that - a few 'friends of friends' are stationed locally, they may know of someone looking to sell their TV.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

basically you aren't going to find one. Your choices are either a front projector(many are multisystem) or a Sampo 27" HDTV ready set whose model # escapes me.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer