What's new

Reason for TV Logos and animated adds? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
They're still there because too many people are still putting up with them! The first HDTV owners should have banded together to put an immediate stop to it on the HD broadcasts (as they COMPLETELY defeat the purpose of having HD in the first place!), but apparently most of them think it's no big deal and would rather spend the time criticizing those who do complain about them. (I still refuse to watch any show with a continuous logo, and have put off buying an HD set until the HD disc formats come out.)

One bright spot is the UPN-owned station here in Sacramento is still showing local programs bug-free, though the response I got from the station when I thanked them was that it was only because of an equipment problem, not because they suddenly had respect for their viewers.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
well at least most HD networks current only have a logo bugs. Hope those pop up ad dont appear in HD soon.

Steve Meil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Not only do the networks show bugs but how do you like the local station (Channel 7 in Denver) cut in with some news story tagline in the middle of Lost, Alias and other shows.That realy BUGS me. Last season I was watching an episode of Law & Order SVU and it was right at the conclusion(where the bad guy is caught)all of a sudden an NBC promo for another show comes on.This is why the networks are losing alot of viewers. Doesn't every year seem to have more and more comercials. Some of the Alias Season 4 epidodes were under 41 minutes. Whats Next?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the local channel 58 which plays a radio station from armstrong and getty has alot of news banners and stuff.. its very annoying..

you would think the people with HD tv sets could get a break from it.. since it will cause burn in and other none good stuff for the tv set.

JACOB

GordonL

Supporting Actor
The logos and animated ads will never go away. As faster broadband speeds become more prevalent, piracy will increase right along with it. The networks are just doing what they can to protect their property. If you don't like it, buy the DVD. Then again, DVD-ripping and trading will become more rampant too. Looks like the networks lose until Blu-Ray/HD-DVD and superior copy protection becomes available.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
FX's bother me the most. Sound... LOUD sounds- sirens for Rescue Me, spinning roars for The Shield, scalpel slicing for Nip/Tuck... playing over the scenes you're straining to watch and hear and still pay attention to.

It's so extraordinarily fucking disrespectful of their audience and the artists they have providing content for them.

They did calm down on them for a little bit, for awhile... but they're starting to re-emerge again...

TV-on-dvd is the best way to go, of course, but these are favorite 'can't wait, can't wait' shows for me.

Gene S

Agent
I still don't understand the point of it. (I have a Tivo so it doesn't really apply to me.) If I'm channel surfing and I run across Survivor, I know I'm watching CBS. If I run into ER, I know its NBC, and if I hit Desperate Housewives, I know it's ABC. What they need to do it put those stupid logos on the commercials. Thats the only time I don't wouldn't know what channel I'm on.
Then again, whats the point of boycotting a channel? 99% of us aren't Neilson Family members, so it doesn't matter. And HD and PVR viewers aren't taken into consideration anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks