What's new

Rear Window, Vertigo, & The Birds Arrive the Same Day! (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Matt Hough said:
It's turning dark outside as I recall and that's why the light source keeps dimming.
Correct. When the scene ends, the bookshop proprietor turns the lights on - as I recall.

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
Robin9 said:
Correct. When the scene ends, the bookshop proprietor turns the lights on - as I recall.
Yes, and this was a masterfully shot sequence (as was the entire film, naturally).

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I ordered "Vertigo," and am very excited to see it on blu! I am also ordering "The Birds," "Rear Window," "The Man Who Knew Too Much," and "Dial M For Murder (3D.) Looking forward to all of them.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Other than VERTIGO (a film I don't like), the rest are great. Even with the incorrect color scheme on THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, it is the best it's ever looked on home video. DIAL M FOR MURDER is great, and does NOT have ghosting issues, which some reviewers stated. There is some instances of haloing, which has absolutely nothing to do with its 3D presentation. It's been on every print of this film I've ever seen. THE BIRDS, for me, is the true gem of the Blu releases.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought I'd use this thread to ask a question about this new release of The Birds I'm seeing on Amazon. It is titled "The Birds (Pop Art)". I'm thinking this is a repackaging of the previous release with new cover art that has been posterized in photo shop.

Am I correct?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought I'd use this thread to ask a question about this new release of The Birds I'm seeing on Amazon. It is titled "The Birds (Pop Art)". I'm thinking this is a repackaging of the previous release with new cover art that has been posterized in photo shop.

Am I correct?
I can't confirm but if it wasn't the same disc, Universal would have let everyone know it was a new transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks