What's new

rear surround with klipsch (1 Viewer)

jernst288

Auditioning
Real Name
joe ernst
I just bought a Klipsch system. 2 RP 280, rp 450c, 2 rp 250f with a marantz 7011 receiver and 2 PL 200II subs. I would like to turn it into a 9.2. For rear and ceiling speakers there are many options that are less expensive than the matching speakers to this set. I am looking for feedback on how important if at all matching the speakers is for these spots in the surround system.

Klipsch has less expensive options and just wondering if they would be sufficient for ceiling and rear? The room is 22 x 20 with vaulted ceilings. I do have wood beams running accross the room so was planning on mounting the ceiling speakers on the wood beams.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I suggest at least trying to get something from Klipsch. It IS important, and Klipsch tends to have a distinctive sound. You can always get what's available and affordable now, then upgrade later.

I don't know how much you know about surround configurations, but depending on your room, and since you have an Atmos/DTS:X receiver, you should seriously consider a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 configuration rather than 9.2.

jernst288

Auditioning
Real Name
joe ernst
I suggest at least trying to get something from Klipsch. It IS important, and Klipsch tends to have a distinctive sound. You can always get what's available and affordable now, then upgrade later.

I don't know how much you know about surround configurations, but depending on your room, and since you have an Atmos/DTS:X receiver, you should seriously consider a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 configuration rather than 9.2.

Yes I should not have said 9.2. I meant 7.2.2. Ok thanks for the advice. just hate to spend money twice but some say the back and ceiling speakers don't get much load so thought I would ask here.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The surround speakers have less demand on them than the front three, but the most important job of a surround system is to create a cohesive sound field, so it's best for all the speakers to have as good a tonal match as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks