What's new

Rear/surround speaker recommendations please! (1 Viewer)

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Here's my situation:

When I first bought all Mirage speakers the surrounds were the OMR2s. Problem was I couldn't mount them on the side walls due to the room layout. So I exchanged them for two OMNI 250s which now reside on the floor of each rear corner of the room.

The big problem is that I can't hear them too well because I sit in a high backed recliner type chair. If I set the level loud enough to hear them then they're too loud; it gets distracting.

So what I'd like to do is replace the OMNI 250s with a bookshelf/surround speaker that I can mount from the ceiling (with Omnimounts). But I don't know what to get.

I guess it's a no brainer to pick up the Mirage OMNIFX surround speakers, especially since they're omnimount ready, but I can't help but think that maybe a pair of bookshelf speakers would be better? I'd have to hang these from the ceiling.

Vito/D

Stunt Coordinator
I have 2 pairs of Fluance Bipolar AV-BP2 surrounds (sides and rear)and let me tell you that they sound great! You can hang them on the ceiling. You WILL hear everything with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks