What's new

rear / surround speaker recomendations please (1 Viewer)

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have Infinity IL-40's for my left/right fronts, the IL-36c Center, and am using my roommate's IL-10's for surrounds. The are (or will be later today) connected to my Denon 5800. I'd like to get my own surround speakers and a pair of rears for 7.1. Would you recommend using IL-10's for these 4 so as to match my fronts? What about using the IL-30 for rears? Would these floor speakers be better for that than the bookself IL-10's? I saw that Circuit City had these for $225 each. Not sure how much the IL-10's were.
Thanks for the help.
Grant

BryanZ

Screenwriter
You may want to go with the IL10s. They will go for less and can be wall mounted. They go for $200 each at CC.

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
Assuming the 10's are still $200 each at CC, wouldn't it be better to go ahead and get the 30's for $225 each? That way I wouldn't have to worry about speaker stands or wall mounting.
Also, if I had one pair of 10's and one pair of 30's, which would you use for the surrounds, and which for the rears?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks