What's new

Rear surround problem/question. (1 Viewer)

Lee Weiss

Stunt Coordinator
After buying a new 5.1 DTS receiver, I bit the bullet and bought some good S-video, optical cables and speaker wire, getting set to test my new setup.

But to my dismay, as with my old receiver, my rears were sounding as if they were blown. I did not calibrate anything or set any levels since the kids are asleep, but the woofers don't seem to be torn. It has a very scratchy and unclear sound. It also seems more evident at low volumes.

What's up here? Before I open the new set of rears I bought, is there some way of testing the speaker? I know it is not the receiver since this one is new.

Any suggestions would help!

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Its best to calibrate the sytem first, but you could try swapping yur rears with your mains, it should be easier to tell if somethings wrong.

Harry.

Hi Lee,

Exactly what Harry said above. If you determine that the rears work ok in front then stick the mains in back. If they sound ok you have a weird problem. If they don't then run a short pair of wires from the rear channel outputs on receiver to a set of proven good speaker. If they sound good you have a wiring problem, if bad you have a problem with receiver with clear documentation if you need to return it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks