What's new

Rear Surround not working (1 Viewer)

Sooshi

Auditioning
Real Name
Cory Eisenbach
Denon AVR-S730H 7.2 is the receiver in question.

I set it up a couple of weeks ago, but only had the 2 front channels and the center channel. The two rears were wired into our crawl space and I wanted to prod around and see where everything went before I set up the rears. The front 3 work beautifully.

Fast forward a couple weeks, I set up the rears, and have double, triple checked my positives and negatives. I have even just tested them with a short wire straight to the speaker close to the receiver to see why they aren't making sound. Still nothing. I've run the setup and when it gets to the rears, still no sound through the test. I'm lost and don't know what else to try.

10651321_2.jpg

I used Front R, Front L, center, surround back L, R

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, I have to ask. Did you actually activate the rear speakers in the speaker setup menu on the receiver? You can't just connect them. You have to tell the receiver to use them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, I should have said surround, not rear. Common misconception is that the first surround speakers are supposed to be in the back, when they should be on the sides.

Sooshi

Auditioning
Real Name
Cory Eisenbach
Yeah, I should have said surround, not rear. Common misconception is that the first surround speakers are supposed to be in the back, when they should be on the sides.

Thanks guys, got it working. I'm a total newbie, and made a couple "rookie" mistakes. Working now, and sounds wicked!

I've been searching around trying to figure out how to have bluetooth music play out of all 5 channels, but seems I can only get them out of the 3 fronts. Any ideas on where to set it up?

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Change sound field to All Channel Stereo and it should come out from all speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks