What's new

rear speakers (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I have kind of a wierd problem which may or may not be that unusual. I have some polk Satelitte speakers that I'm using for rears that are placed about 1'- 2' behind my couch on the side (my couch reclines so I can't put them directly behind the seats.) the spakers are elevated by 16.' I have both my couch and speaker stands right against a wall which is behind the couch. The speakers face eachother from either side of the couch. The problem I have is that when watching a movie you can only hear both speakers if sitting on a certain side of the couch. I noticed that if sitting on the left side of the couch you can hear both speakers but when sitting on the right you can only hear the right. It may be important to mention that the right speaker is posistioned in a corner, could this be a problem? my left speaker is not in a corner. I do hear a seperation though for certain things (ie. gunfights.) Does anyone have an ideas what might be causing this? thanks.
-Keith-

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't understand? Are they behind or aligned with the couch? You said 1'-2' behind, but both against the wall... Do you mean FEET or INCHES?
Try pointing them towards the front of the room, instead of towards eachother, and see what it does. Also try turning them inward just slightly, so they are not pointed directly at eachother. Sounds like you are getting some cancellation.
If they are pointed towards the front, try pointing them towards eachother.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on July 26, 2001 at 05:09 PM]

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
To clarify my couch is against a wall. The speakers are posistioned on the side of the couch but behind. What I mean is the speakers are not directly behind the couch but are posistioned on the sides against the back wall behind the couch.
-Keith-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks