1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

rear speakers...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ben hunt, Jun 25, 2002.

1. ben hunt

ben hunt Stunt Coordinator

Ok...I'm still trying to nail down some speakers to purchase. I'll be puchasing the fronts first (with possibly the center also)
    Then the rear speakers and then finally the svs 20-39 sub.
    I'll be running all this outta a denon 3802 and I was wondering a few things...
    The rear speakers are what is giving me the most problems deciding.
    Do I need surround speakers, just plain rears speakers, dipolar speakers etc.
    I'm gonna probably have it as a 50/50 system and I'm just wondering what exactly will my needs be for rear speaker sound.
    Here is an article discussing dipolar speakers...maybe you will find it interesting...
    http://www.paradigm.ca/Support/TechF...rConfusion.pdf

2. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

i wuold say just get as good a pair of speakers as possible. I think that the whole dipolar/bipolar thing is kind of BS, but just my opinion.

3. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I am happy with my direct-radiating rear speakers, and I experience the sensation of being immersed in a diffuse sound field. Keep in mind that for many movies, you do want to be able to localize surround effects.
    From the DolbyLabs FAQ:

4. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter