Rear Speakers not Working!!!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by marshiewoo, Jul 29, 2006.

1. marshiewoo

marshiewoo Auditioning

I just got am216 surround sound speaker set and for some reason i cant hear any sound out of the rear speakers, its a 5.1 speakers so its quite good, the sound is exelent but the REAR SPEAKERS WONT WORK, i've plugged them all in properly to the subwoofer and the subwoofer into my dvd player and my dvd player into the TV, but for some reason they wont work, is there something else i need to do? i set the DVD player to surround sound, it just wont work and its really starting to anoyy me.
    please help [​IMG]

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Have you tried using the "surround" speakers on another channel, just to make sure the "surround" speakers are functioning properly? I've never heard of the am216, who makes it? Do you have a surround sound receiver or does the am216 come with it's own processor/amp?

3. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
    Sound won't always come out of your rear surrounds.

4. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

douglas

It will in Dolby Pro-Logic!

Films with a Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding will sound different, sometimes the centre channel wont be active depending on the mix.

Always the left and right are active, anyway, have you tired the rear speakers on the front, via wiring one or two of them up with the front, just to make sure the voice coils are not damaged?

marshiewoo

Also can you provide us with a link to the companies site, as I haven’t heard of them also. Thanks.

5. brendy

brendy Agent

I see no mention of what receiver you are using.You are using one,correct ?

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Maybe THIS is it.

I know eBay auction links are not permitted under HTF rules. But I figured this would be okay since the auction is over. Mods: Sorry if I am wrong about that.

[​IMG]

7. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Good find Mike!

Too bad the OP never responded to anything we posted. I know I would have been terribly disappointed if I were him, and would have really appreciated the help. I bet he is so busy enjoying that rig that he just doesn't have time to reply [​IMG].

8. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Thanks, Arthur.

What do you think based on what you see in the picture?

The OP says:

Is that a common set-up? The five satellites all plug into the sub-woofer which, in turns, plugs into the DVD player? You fellas in this section know a heckuva lot more about this than I do...but I thought unless it was an entire HTIB where the player had a built-in amplifier/receiver set-up, you would need a separate amplifier. The picture looks like simply a set of speakers not a HTIB.

9. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Poor guy, I found the same thing Mike did through lycos with some very vague specs. Here it is; http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5132296.htm

The price per rig-29.99 euros
    From my understanding of the site it needs a external decoder like a 6 channel audio out of a DVD so equiped. There is nothing said about any surround format of any kind, just that it's 5.1.

Seth=L

10. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Hard to imagine that for 30 euros you would be getting an entire htib. Seth is probably right, it needs a DVD player with a decoder built in.

11. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Or you could use a processor, though I for obvious reasons wouldn't suggest anything high-end. Maybe if he finds a external computer audio processor with Dolby Digital he could connect it to a dvd player and in turn connect the processor to the speaker system. Shame there isn't more info on this thing so we could make a clear decision.

Seth=L

12. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

HERE'S a little more to go on...just scroll down the ad and you'll get a few more specs.

From what I can find about the company around the web--which ain't much--they also make computer speaker set-ups.

13. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Your link is dead. I think admin killed it because it is from ebay.

I just tried the URL. Apparently they removed it on from Ebay, to outdated I guess.

Seth=L

14. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Perhaps it was relisted, as the link seems to work now.

Yes, some kind of processor.

15. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

THIS SYSTEM OPERATES ON PHONO TO JACK LEADS SO YOU WILL NEED TO SPLIT YOUR PHONO OUTPUTS INTO THREE CHANNELS, ONE FOR FRONT LEFT AND RIGHT, ONE FOR CENTRE AND SUB, AND ONE FOR REAR LEFT AND RIGHT. SO REMEMBER YOU NEED TO BUY A PHONO SPLITTER OR LEADS TO DO THIS JOB UNLESS YOU HAVE FACILITIES TO DO IT ON YOUR SYSTEM THAT YOU ARE PLUGGING INTO

Most definitely,

Seth=L

16. marshiewoo

marshiewoo Auditioning

Very sorry, I completely forgot i Even sent it, Thanks for the Last peice of advice, That worked Very well, Thanks for your Help and Im very Aprishiative of Your response
    Marshy