What's new

Rear Speakers and Sub not working in 5.1 System (1 Viewer)

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I am off Mondays and this Monday I will be home all day recalculating my own sound system. Just got a new calibrated mic and want to do sound sweeps in the room.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
My Apple TV 4K also fails the HDR test on my TV. Try running it in 4K HDR 24hz. I think the problem with my TV is that it wont do HDR at 60hz.

If that works set the display mode to 4K SDR 60hz and make sure that you enable native content display. That way your Apple TV will play movies in 4K HDR 24 hz and play your menus at 4K SDR.
Which is superior, 4K HDR 30Hz or 4K HDR 24?

It is permitting to select 4KHDR 30 Hz

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
My Apple TV 4K also fails the HDR test on my TV. Try running it in 4K HDR 24hz. I think the problem with my TV is that it wont do HDR at 60hz.

If that works set the display mode to 4K SDR 60hz and make sure that you enable native content display. That way your Apple TV will play movies in 4K HDR 24 hz and play your menus at 4K SDR.
To enable Active Content, do you mean have Match Dynamic Range and Match frame rate ON?

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, based on my research, 4K HDR 24 Hz is superior, especially if movies are your thing.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
I do want to try ONE more thing, though. I want to try going Apple TV directly into my TV (bypassing the receiver) and then using optical audio cable from TV to receiver. I read that some Apple TV users in my situation have had success that way.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
This was a rare situation when the HomeTheaterForum was stumped and stymied. I so appreciate the help and still do, but I’m glad I’m not the only one that was puzzled.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
Leave it to me (college professor) to have an issue that this forum can’t solve.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks