What's new

Rear Speakers and Sub not working in 5.1 System (2 Viewers)

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
I believe Denon and Marantz use the same menu system since they are owned by the same company.

First make sure you are on the Apple TV input.

Use the Denon remote and go to the receiver menu. Then NETWORK->INFORMATION. Here you should see the IP address.

Now on a computer type the ip address into the address bar on Chrome, Explorer, etc. This should bring up a setup menu for the receiver. Go to: VIDEO->OUTPUT SETTINGS

From here you can change the input settings for how the image is sent out. I normally have Video Conversion-On, ip Scaler-HDMI, and Resolution(HDMI)-Auto.

I turn on Video Conversion so the volume shows on screen, if it is turned off you will not see the volume level when you change volume.

Okay. Thanks. So should I change the Apple TV input to go into the receiver again?
When I had it going into the receiver before, I was able to get 5.1 sound.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Sounds good. I have to run to the store as well. Will check back here this afternoon when I get back. Hopefully this takes care of the issue.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Sorry I couldn't help more in work trying not to get caught on cell. Nice help Brian

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
I believe Denon and Marantz use the same menu system since they are owned by the same company.

First make sure you are on the Apple TV input.

Use the Denon remote and go to the receiver menu. Then NETWORK->INFORMATION. Here you should see the IP address.

Now on a computer type the ip address into the address bar on Chrome, Explorer, etc. This should bring up a setup menu for the receiver. Go to: VIDEO->OUTPUT SETTINGS

From here you can change the input settings for how the image is sent out. I normally have Video Conversion-On, ip Scaler-HDMI, and Resolution(HDMI)-Auto.

I turn on Video Conversion so the volume shows on screen, if it is turned off you will not see the volume level when you change volume.

Problem right away: my Denon doesn’t have an option for Network/IP address.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
I don’t believe my receiver is capable of connecting to the Internet.
I can get the IP address of Apple TV, though, but I don’t think that’s what you had in mind. That address doesn’t work in the browser anyway.

Last edited:

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
Some people keep saying, change this setting (attached) to the correct input (I have the Denon using the HDMI ARC output to HDMI ARC 4 on the TV) but when I do, the TV image fades out and fades in continuously, and the 4K HDR doesn’t work by changing this setting either.

Attachments

• 756DDF43-1019-40BA-B5E1-5C8CEDC4559B.jpeg
    756DDF43-1019-40BA-B5E1-5C8CEDC4559B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Which HDMI on receiver are you plugging the Apple TV in to? If you are using 1 or 2, you will not get the full 4K. Apple TV needs to be plugged in to 3, 4 or 5 for 4K/HDCP2.2 on receiver.

You are right about network. I should have looked at owner's manual before assuming it was networked.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
Which HDMI on receiver are you plugging the Apple TV in to? If you are using 1 or 2, you will not get the full 4K. Apple TV needs to be plugged in to 3, 4 or 5 for 4K/HDCP2.2 on receiver.

You are right about network. I should have looked at owner's manual before assuming it was networked.

I have the ATV going into the #3 input, which is CBL/SAT. As you can see from the image, 3, 4, 5 are for 4K devices, correct?

Attachments

• 6C534DC9-AB79-456B-8F89-B8C6C719705B.png
    6C534DC9-AB79-456B-8F89-B8C6C719705B.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 44

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
If I have Apple TV going into the Denon receiver input, I have 5.1 surround but only 4K standard video.

If I have Apple TV going into my TV input, I have 4K HDR video, but no 5.1 surround.

For those joining this late, that’s my situation.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
If I have Apple TV going into the Denon receiver input, I have 5.1 surround but only 4K standard video.

If I have Apple TV going into my TV input, I have 4K HDR video, but no 5.1
surround.

My 4K Blu-ray player is fine.

For those joining this late, that’s my situation.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I hear ya. It seems like everything is connected correctly so at this point the only thing I can think of is source material. I generally test 4K HDR on streaming devices with Netflix 4K and the series Daredevil in 4K. This series shows really good in HDR.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
I hear ya. It seems like everything is connected correctly so at this point the only thing I can think of is source material. I generally test 4K HDR on streaming devices with Netflix 4K and the series Daredevil in 4K. This series shows really good in HDR.
I hear you but the Apple TV menu tells me what I need to know.
As you can see, 4K SDR and everytime I try to enable HDR, it won’t let me.

Attachments

• 6D0C465B-488B-4207-92A5-42A66C624097.jpeg
    6D0C465B-488B-4207-92A5-42A66C624097.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I see. I don't have a 4K Apple TV so I can't tell you what is happening there. I may get one soon though so I can check it out.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe someone else has an idea.
Why can I get 4K HDR when I go directly to the TV, but not when going directly to the receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks