rear speaker stands?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don Morrison, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Agent

I have some JBL N24's that need I am to use as surround speakers. I don't have a wall on one side of the room because of the kitchen. I am looking for stands for these speakers, but due to the odd shape of the casing, it has been difficult to find. I have easily found the JBL FSN24 stand made for these N24's but, I am wondering if there will tall enough to use as surround stands? Does anyone know? I have not been able to track down the specs on these stands.
    any other suggestions are welcomed...it just has to pass the wife's standards.. [​IMG]

2. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Agent

I am also wondering how high do teh rear speakers need to be on stands... I am considering building my own, would that be a bad idea?? please help... If I do build my own, how tall should they be...??

3. Timothy_A.

Timothy_A. Agent

I go for ear level during viewing/listening. You can build your own but they need to be solid. You can get many ideas by looking at what's being offered in the marketplace.

...Tim

4. Nick_Murphy

Nick_Murphy Agent

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

very good suggestion Nick. The illustrations can be particularly informative.