What's new

Rear Speaker setup recommendations... (1 Viewer)

hong_suy

Auditioning
I'm setting up a new home theater for my new place starting from scratch.
My current reciever is the ONKYO TX-DS575.
At the moment, I'm planning on using DALI 3003 for the front channels, the DALI C1000 for the centre channel and a DALI SWA-15 Active Subwoofer.
What I want to know is, is it better to use the same sort of speakers for the rear channels to match the front channels or is it more ideal to use smaller sattelite speakers. My original plan is to get rear speakers to match the front speakers but i'm not sure if i'll get a better performance using wall mounted sattelite speakers like the DALI R1000s.
I'm very indecisive at the moment, anyones thoughts please?
Thanks!!!

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Hong,
Whenever possible try to get the same speakers throughout if you can fit them and afford them. It helps with the timbre matching, especially with multi-channel audio from SACD or DVD-A.
Bigger/floor standing speakers are sometimes harder to place for rear or side surrounds but if you can do it, go ahead.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

hong_suy

Auditioning
Thanks for the tip Patrick.
I was thinking exactly the same thing, my budget does permitt me to get the same speakers as the front pair but I wasn't sure if satellite speakers were better for the rears.
Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks