Rear speaker setup in a small room?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Kline, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Tim Kline

Tim Kline Stunt Coordinator

so after I posted my HT pics I got to thinking that maybe I really should move those back speakers.
    They're very small.. I don't know if they should stay mounted on the wall, or on speaker stands.
    Here's the link to my home theatre pics ..
    I have about 2' next to the sofa on each side, but on the righthand side is my desk with my PC so I'm worried that the speaker on the side of the sofa will just end up obscured by the desk or my chair (the chair is usually right next to the sofa) and I think it might end up being a pain making sure I move my chair out of the way every time I wanna watch a movie. But then, when I get a curtain for my window, I'm gonna have to move those back speakers somewhere..
    They're very tiny speakers.. someday I'll get new and bigger ones but I have no idea when...
    So, where would the best place be to put those back speakers to get the best sound out of them?
    ------------------
    Tim Kline
    HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
    [email protected]
    www.timkline.com
    My DVD List
    My Home Theatre

2. DaveM

DaveM Extra

Well since I have the same setup, my opinion is to move them lower. I have my rears about 1 to 1.5 ft above sitting height. I did not want them any lower because I feared that I would lose the other channel if someone was sitting on that side. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose. If you would like to check out my set up, the link is below.
    DaveM
    ------------------
    DaveM
    To check out my starter theater, click here