What's new

Rear Speaker Placement (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
I'm at the pre-wiring stage of a basement reno and need to decide on rear speakers.
With my old 5.0 set-up, I had them on small shelves, at about 7' from the floor and slightly behind the couch. With the new set-up I need to put them in the ceiling since there is not proper wall space for in-wall or mounting. Would it be best to go with a similar arrangement to my old set-up?
On a related note, I don't have plans for 7.1 at the moment but who knows what the future holds. Should I pre-wire for two more rears and if so where?

Thanks
KrisM

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit

Definitely pre-wire. It is so easy when construction is going on, It is especially easy when walls are open. It is so, so tough after those walls are up that many people avoid making the jump to 7.1, just because of how tough it is to try to fish wire once things are enclosed and "finished."

Hope this helped,

-Bruce
-Personalized Introductions for your Home Theater on DVD: http://www.S2Digital.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks