What's new

Rear speaker placement - ceiling/wall corner too high? (1 Viewer)

Troy_K

Stunt Coordinator
In my room I have two corner hutches in the back. I was planning on placing my rears on top, as they fit - snuggly.

I have direct radiating Klipsch KG1s that I like very much, but have not tried them up this high before. The ceiling is 7 feet high, and the speakers go right up to there in the two rear corners. I can't really angle them down any. I am planning on toeing them in towards the listening area a bit, but not too much.

Are these speakers going to have a prob being so close to the ceiling? I know 7 ft isn't really that high, but will I get crazy reflections off the ceiling? Perhaps that can be a good thing?

The rear wall is about 5 feet from the back of the couch (parallel), so it's a pretty steep angle from my head (on the couch) to the top of the hutches.

Thanks for any help,

Troy

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Troy,
I have the Klipsch KM-2's. Made 1994-1997. They are mounted about 7' up the wall (8' ceilings). Although I have them mounted on wall mounts I have tried different combinations.
Facing each other: Worked relatively well. Volume was there but imaging was waaaayyy off.
Facing TV not angled down or toed in: Again no imaging and volume was down.
Facing TV angled down, toed in: A bunch better. Great imaging, and very good volume. This is where I have them set to now. Even my wife noticed a big difference. My KM-2's seem to be very picky about how and where they are placed.
Just my $.07 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks