rear projection crt advice needed

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason->D, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Jason->D

Jason->D Stunt Coordinator

So i've decided to purchase a new tv as opposed to rears soon and based on my budget ($1500ish canadian) I found that most rear projection CRT's are the best choice for my budget as the size of the tv doesnt matter however screen size is definatley a factor (upgrading from 20 inch toshiba)

Screen size needs to be at least 45" to about 51" other then that just looking for the best CRT for the price really. So far i've come across the following

Hitatchi 46F510
    Samsung HCR4751W
    Sony KP51WS520
    Hitatchi 51F520
    RCA HD52W66
    JVC I'Art Pro AV-48P575

So far the 51f520 seems to be the leading contender as it's a 51", reasonbly priced in comparison to the others, has HDMI for the future plus supports pretty much anything with lots of adjustment options and all the reviews i've read have said it's a great tv.

any other suggestions would be nice as well, keep in mind i'm in canada so any us only brands won't be of much use. Thanks in advance to all who post.

2. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

I have a Hitachi 57f500 that is 2 years old. I love it. A word of warning, the Hitachi like other CRT RP sets is prone to a lot of screen glare. My HT is in my basement, so it's not an issue for me, but be sure before you buy one for a room with a lot of windows. The Hitachi sets seem even more prone to glare then other makes. Probably the shiny screen protector.

3. Jason->D

Jason->D Stunt Coordinator

it will be in my parents basement where my room is, the only windows are tiny and always have the blinds down anyways so i'm not to concerned about glare [​IMG], thx for the quick response