What's new

Rear placement...advice (1 Viewer)

fabrizio

Agent
Hi,
I currently do not have a surround receiver, but, am planning to in the future, once the wife gives the OK :emoji_thumbsup: ...
I currently have a Marantz SR63 with a pair of Boston CR85's as my fronts. In my opinion, and I'm not an audiophile, they sound great together. My TV is a 32" Sony Wega.
I would like to know first of all, should I bother with rears if I'm not getting a surround system? Or will rears help my current set up? I thought that it might help fill the room up? My room is 18'x15'.
Because of my room and furniture configuration, my TV and fronts are in a corner. No choice on that, wife said so.
I need advice on the placements of the rears, and whether I should monopole, dipole, tripole, greased pole....need some help.
I am going to try to attach a diagram of my room. Can I get some advice on rear speaker placement? Yhe wall behind the main couch is out of the question, as we have a nice painting there....and rears there wouldn't look good.
I'll try again if it didn't attach well. How do you insert a file into the message?
Thanks.
D:ProfilesfabrizDesktopFamily Room.bmp

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Sounds like you are ready to step into the home theatre arena so yes, you will need surround speakers, and down the road a subwoofer too which adds to the experience greatly.

When you get your surround receiver then you can buy the surround speakers, if you do not have a centre channel speaker then you will need on of those as well (sits atop TV), and as I mentioned, you can get the sub after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks