What's new

Rear or center suggestions (1 Viewer)

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
I've decided to move the 1985 era Infinity RS5bs (10" 3-way) from my rear surrounds to my living room upstairs to just to two channel duty. So my question is do I replace the rears or do I move the Polk RT7's that I have been using in a dual center set up to the rear. My current set up is Yamaha A-1, Polk RT55s(mains), Polk RT7's (dual centers, one on the floor angled up and one on top of my 32" TV slightly angled down. There is about 4' between them and the A-1 has two sets of binding posts for dual center set up), Polk RT15is (front effects, Yamaha DSP) and a PSB subsonicIII sub. Room is approx. 2700 cu/ft

I'm planning on going to a front projection TV when the funds become available, as well as one or two SVS PB2-isds.

Over at the Polk forum a number of people are creating "super centers" by combining multiple centers or book shelf speakers into one long horizontal speaker.

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/showca...c=6_25_big.jpg

Right now I can get a pair of Polk RT38is for 200 a pair.
or a CS40i for 300. So I'm wondering if I get the 38s and just use them as rears or do I move the RT7s to the rear and get either a CS40i? or go dual center again with a pair of 38s? Or should I try to find an older CS400 to match with the 55s? I'm a little confused that Polk has removed the front bezel on the CS40i that the 400 had and wondering if that will cause a mismatch with the 55s that have the bezel.

If anyone has made it through this post and can offer a suggestion I'd sure appreciated it!

Thanks!

Brad

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well stick to whatever speakers you have for your fronts. Such as same company or even a matching model if you can. That would be the best suggestion. If you have Polk speakers and go with something like Klipsch for rears then it will sound somewhat off... Try to find something that matches. Not to mention that you should have enough power to get some nice sound if you decide to stick with all Polks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks