What's new

Rear & Front Projection (1 Viewer)

Robert K

Agent
Way back when, when I was shopping, 10 years ago, the projector TV were no where near the quality of a rear projection TV. Over that time have the front projectors caught up the the RP quality of picture? I know the computer projectors have improved immensly so I have to assume motion projectors for TV are much better now. But are they as good as RP?
Any thoughts?
thanks again,
Robert:)

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
Ten years in electronics (at least for this type of equipment) is an eternity. yes front projectors have vastly improved even over the ones on the market a mere three years ago when I first started considering the purchase of a FP. I bought a Panasonic PT-L300U seven months ago. Even it has now been improved with the newer model 500U. Installation is a bit trickier with a need for ambient light control and the placement of the projector relative to the screen (or white wall), but the result is true home theater with an image much larger and more impressive than any Rear Projection monitor on the market.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I agree with thomas,
I was looking into RPTV's and was set on the Pioneer 53". Then I started reading about the low end projectors like the Infocus X1, Sanyo PLV-Z1, Panny 200/300.....
My friend works at a local Hi Fi shop so he brought over a Sharp Z90U and we tested that out in the basement. Looked great so I read more info and eventually demoed the X1.
Great machine for the money but I thought hey this is going to be for DVD use so I wanted true 16:9. Then I debated between the Panny 200 and Sanyo PLV-Z1 and now I have owned the Z1 for about a month and a half.
Great machine and well now I have my little theater.......that seats 6 nicely.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Short answer - Yes. If you see HDTV on a half decent, properly set up FPTV, you will be blown away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks